We’re providing research-based, proven practices in a new self-paced format to help you expand on EL education strategies at your convenience. Reflect on and refine your approach to supporting ELs on their path to high school graduation while earning a certificate for one hour of professional development (PD) upon course completion. You will also have the opportunity to earn an additional two hours of PD credit for completing and submitting optional coursework. You can sign up at your convenience (there is no set start date) and complete the course at any time.
In this online, asynchronous (self-paced) course, you will:
- Learn about obstacles that hinder ELs’ graduation rates,
- Explore and apply a framework for increasing ELs’ graduation rates,
- Apply advocacy strategies for increasing ELs’ graduation rates to your context, and
- Set goals for strengthening the graduation rates of ELs in your context.
This self-paced course includes:
- Interactive video presentations,
- A note-taking guide,
- Tools for supporting implementation of strategies,
- An online resource sharing tool (Padlet), and
- A certificate for 1-3 hours* of professional development.