In this self-paced course we share research and strategies for program development that supports students with limited or interrupted formal education (SLIFE) and long-term English learners (LTELs). Reflect on and refine your approach to developing a school climate and frameworks for effective instruction for SLIFE and LTELs while earning a certificate for one hour of professional development (PD) upon course completion. You will also have the opportunity to earn an additional two hours of PD credit for completing and submitting optional coursework. You can sign up at your convenience (there is no set start date) and complete the course at any time.In this online, asynchronous course (self-paced) course, you will:
- Define terms and explain key characteristics of SLIFE and LTELs
- Describe the need for a school climate that supports SLIFE and LTELs
- Explore strategies for creating an effective instructional program for SLIFE
- Explore strategies for creating an effective instructional program for LTELs, and
- Apply strategies for supporting and engaging the families of SLIFE and LTELs
This self-paced course includes:
- Interactive video presentations,
- Note-taking guide,
- Tools for supporting implementation of strategies,
- An online resource sharing (Padlet), and
- A certificate for 1-3 hours* of professional development.
Cost: USD 99.00
Use the button above to pay through PayPal and be enrolled within minutes!
We also accept purchase orders to facilitate payment by invoice. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.