In this self-paced course we share research and strategies for developing and implementing formative assessments for ELs. Reflect on and refine your approach to formative assessments for ELs while earning a certificate for one hour of professional development (PD) upon course completion. You will also have the opportunity to earn an additional two hours of PD credit for completing and submitting optional coursework. You can sign up at your convenience (there is no set start date) and complete the course at any time.
In this online, asynchronous (self-paced) course, you will:
- Define and explain the benefits of using formative assessments for ELs
- Explore and apply strategies for developing valid formative assessment for ELs and using formative assessment evidence to plan instruction for ELs.
- Build a repertoire of formative assessments that can be used with and scaffolded for ELs.
- Apply strategies to plan for EL formative assessment in your context.
This self-paced course includes:
- Interactive video presentations,
- A Note-taking guide,
- Tools for supporting implementation of strategies,
- An online resource sharing tool (Padlet), and
- A certificate for 1-3* hours of professional development.
Cost: USD 99.00
Use the button above to pay through PayPal and be enrolled within minutes!
We also accept purchase orders to facilitate payment by invoice. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.