Join a supportive cohort of teachers and administrators as we delve into the specific strengths and challenges of students with limited or interrupted formal education (SLIFE) in this seven-week guided online course. Over the three self-paced components, you will delve more deeply into SLIFE topics including supporting and engaging SLIFE and their families; developing of materials, activities, and programs; and effectively instructing SLIFE.
Like our other courses, the heart of this course is a Professional Learning Community-based discussion. You’ll have the opportunity to share your expertise with your colleagues as well as provide and receive feedback. At the end of the course, you will have a SLIFE-specific plan for instruction and/or a plan for a SLIFE program, depending on your educational role. We look forward to working with you to fill your toolbox with useful strategies for supporting SLIFE and to build a network of support.
The seven-week guided online course offers:
- Three self-paced components
- 10 hour professional development certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course*
- Online Professional Learning Community SLIFE course discussion
- Guiding and reflective questions in a note-taking guide
- Video clips to see SLIFE education in action
- Activities to apply SLIFE course content to case studies and participants’ own contexts
- Final SLIFE course application activity differentiated for both administrators and teachers
- Opportunities for participants to provide feedback to each other and share resources
*You will need to confirm the PD hours with your school or district.
January 21st, 2020 - March 6th, 2020
Use the button above to pay through PayPal and be enrolled within minutes!
Interested in earning graduate credit for this course? One graduate credit can be obtained through Trinity Washington University, DC for an additional fee of $199 per credit and the successful completion of the course.