Designed for educators who are looking for strategies to become a stronger advocate for English learners (ELs) and their families, this 20-hour book study is framed around Diane Staehr Fenner’s best selling book Advocating for English Learners: A Guide for Educators. This professional development opportunity will allow you to independently read and reflect on your learning in order to develop a stronger advocacy voice that you will use in your educational context.
The book includes strategies, tools, and resources to help you advocate for ELs and their families in your context. It includes such topics as:
- Collaborating to expand advocacy for ELs,
- EL advocacy recommendations for school and district administrators
- Increasing EL family engagement
- Advocacy through effective instruction and assessment of ELs, and
- Advocating for ELs' success beyond grade 12.
The book study is self-paced and can be completed according to your schedule.
Use the button above to pay through PayPal and be enrolled within minutes!
We also accept purchase orders to facilitate payment by invoice. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.